Monday, June 26, 2006

Running Behind

I am still working on my take/views/opinions on the second day of the blog summit in Charlottesville. Life has intruded as usual.
  • The garden beckoned--especially since I will be in class at Longwood this week for a "Highly Qualified" session in order to keep teaching high school English to special education students and then off to the beach (Nags Head) for a much needed vacation with my family. I've got to have everything under control before this all starts. (Yes, I do have some control issues. It's on my list of things I need to work on.)
  • My interview and acceptance into ODU's doctoral program for Occupational and Technical Studies took place last week. I officially start in August as a part-time student. I'm excited, but nervous about all the changes this will bring to the household.
  • I've been really tired between working in the garden and the house, the heat and the health issues the doctors are working on finally diagnosing. They believe it's fibromyalgia and I'm just glad that:
    • it's not in my head, especially since it's other places that hurt.
    • it's not just old age, which my "friends" kept telling me to get used to. :)
    • there are some things that you can do to help yourself feel better. (Plenty of rest is one--I'll have to add that to my list as well.)
I hope to have my summary done sometime this week. Maybe I'll work on it during the writing portions of this upcoming class. Hmmmm? More multi-tasking. The story of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home