Saturday, May 20, 2006

Show Your “Donkey” Spirit

A fellow Cumberland County committee member and I were discussing fundraising ideas at the 5th Congressional District Democratic Convention in Buckingham today. Having noticed some of the other women wearing various donkey pins and scarves, I mentioned that selling those kinds of items might be an option. I later found out that the Campbell County Democratic Committee has a wide selection of donkey jewelry, tack pins, bags, etc. Interested? Contact Jennifer Mayhew.

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Nazli Hardy said...

I have always wondered - with respect - why the Democratic symbol is the donkey. Do you know?

cheers,

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I had looked this up before. Here is a link that tells you all about the history of the donkey and the Democratic Party:

http://www.democrats.org/a/2005/06/history_of_the.php

I couldn't get a hyperlink to appear here, so you'll have to copy and paste the address into your browser's address bar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home