Sunday, March 26, 2006

PWC - Part I

A couple of things I’ve learned along the way:

Figures don’t lie—although the analysis can sometimes be wrong.

It takes more than one person to effect a change in a classroom, school, town, city, county, region, state or nation.

While one person can bring in some new and innovative ideas, it takes a “village” to make it work.

That being said, I’ve found a new site that I just love. It gives me historical labor and employment information from 1990 to the present at the click of the mouse. So I checked into some figures for Prince William County (PWC) and you wouldn’t believe what I found:


(Click on the picture to see a larger version, which is easier to read.)


It looks really good, doesn’t it? The years when Bern was there correspond to a drop in the unemployment percentage for the county. But, being the skeptic that I am, I said to myself, “Hmmmm, wonder what the figures look like for the counties and cities surrounding Prince William for the period that Bern was working there?” So I went out and got those figures for 1996 to 2001. And guess what?

(see the next post!)

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home