Saturday, May 13, 2006

Perhaps I have an evil twin?

I just got the strangest phone call. Turns out I’m one of the loyal supporters of the Republican National Committee (RNC) and they just wanted to thank me. I was quick to ask the lady calling how that could be, since I am a member of the Democratic Party and a delegate to the 5th District Democratic Convention next weekend.

She said they must be confusing me with someone else in this area. I assured her that the only other person in this county with the same name as me was also not a Republican. After laughing at the irony of the situation, she said she would remove my name from her calling list. Unfortunately, she could not remove my name from the mailing list—so I’m still not immune from Dennis Hastert’s stupid RNC questionnaires asking how much I like President Bush and his initiatives.

This whole RNC thing is almost as annoying as the Harris Miller robo-calls or our local schools’ Instant Alert messages about the landfill meetings that were conducted by the county.

Breaking News: I just heard that there is a new Ewert letter being mailed to delegates in the 5th District, which is different than the one I posted about yesterday. I'll let you know more when I have a copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home